Happy New Year My Dear Friends. It has been long, long, long and long time since my last post. I almost feel like quitting blogging….. But here I am …..I am finally back . Hope you have not forgotten me. Miss your guys so much. I do hope you the best of everything in the New Year.
Hope we can meet, chat and exchange ideas about fashions, styles and healthy COOKING that I have decided to add here on this platform.
Today I am going to introduce you an easy, but also quite healthy Chinese cuisine – Pearl Meatball.
This is one of my favorite dish from my childhood memories. My grandmother used to make them a lot when I was a little girl – They are just so delicious.
It is steamed meatball coated with sticky rice. You might have tried them if you have been to Chinese dim sum before……
As you can see from the images below, they are made of ground meat, carrots, mushrooms, tofu, ginger roots, scallions and a little bit sticky rice.
Here are the steps:
- Place the rice in a bowl with enough water to cover. Allow to soak 2 hours. Drain and pour onto a platter.
- chopped all the vegetable into very small pieces (carrots, mushrooms, tofu, ginger roots, scallions ) or whatever veggies you want to put…..
- Mix the ground pork, water, wine, vegetable oil, cornstarch, soy sauce, onion, ginger, garlic, salt, and pepper including the mixed veggies in a bowl until all ingredients are evenly mixed. Divide and roll the mixture into balls 1-1/2 to 2 inches in size. Roll the meatballs in the soaked glutinous rice to coat completely.
- Line a large bamboo steamer with the cabbage leaves. Arrange the meatballs on top the cabbage leaves.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil over high heat; place a bamboo steamer over the boiling water. Steam the meatballs until no longer pink in the center, about 30 minutes.
Then they are ready to serve
Hope you like the dish that I introduced today. You might want to give it a try and do-it-yourself. Please comment and ask your questions. I will be happy to answer and help.
“Simple ingredients prepared in a simple way – that’s the best way to take your everyday cooking to a higher level. …”
Thanks for watching
Love you all